- Def: Godhead 1. the essential being or the nature of God; 2. the Supreme Being; 3. the Holy Trinity of God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost;
- Origin: Middle English godhode, godhede, from Old English godhād : god, god; see god + -hād, -hood.;
- Synonyms: celestial, celestial being, divine being, divinity, goddess, godhead, idol, immortal, man upstairs, supreme being.
- 1 John 5:7 KJV "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."
- John 1:1-3, 14 KJV "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made....And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
- Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD."
- Deuteronomy 6:4 HNB "Hear, O Israel: Yahweh our Elohim is Yahweh a Unity."
- Genesis 1:26 KJV "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."